Friday, June 19, 2009

Family Tree


Something I like to do in my spare time is research the artistic lineage that I have found myself a member. Mostly out of curiosity, but also to try and find useful bits of information or philosophies that have been lost over the decades. Here is a "family tree" that I have put together to the best of my ability. I would appreciate any input from those who are more knowing than I am. When possible please cite sources, some of mine are a little sketchy but many of these artists are less than well known. One thing you may notice are parallels between this list and my Inspiration features I do over the coming months.

4 comments:

jem said...

hey man! you're works looking great! hows things?

Vertumno said...

Andrew Loomis? I read somewhere that he's one of the major inspiration for Fixler and Orbik.
BTW, any idea wher I can find examples of Fixler work?

Nice blog. And I love your work!

E.M. Gist said...

Vertumno- It is true that there is a big influence and inspiration from Loomis' work, but as far as I know there was no direct teacher student relationship. However I will ask Glen to be sure. Perhaps Mr. Fixler will be the subject of next months Inspiration at which point I will post some of his work.

Vertumno said...

Thanks for your answer. Looking forward to your next posts!