Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm Back

Hey all,
After a long week of fun and art at Illuxcon (more on that later), I am back. I spent that last week with a great group of old friends, Lucas Graciano, Mike Hayes, Ryan Schutter and Tom Babbey, and one new one Arthur Loftis. I have known Arthur in passing for awhile now,
but this is the first time I have spent any time hanging out with him. He strikes me as an easy going young man who can blend into many different situation and make those around him feel at ease. Now you may ask why I am writing about Arthur, well he is participating in Movember. This is charity in which men (and women I suppose?) grow mustaches to raise money for prostate cancer treatment. So please, click here and head over to his page and support this worthy cause


photo courtesy of William Sentman

4 comments:

Unknown said...

love seeing your work in person sir - nothing like a kickass oil painting right in front of you. Great to see you - I hope you decide to make it out next year!

E.M. Gist said...

Scott, It was cool to see you and your work as well. I enjoyed our brief chat. If invited I will be there.

Steve Prescott said...

Speaking of brief chats - didn't nearly get to shoot the feces enough with ya. Your paintings are beauties, man. Hope we run into each other again. Not literally, because, ya know, I'd probably chip a tooth and one of us would get a sprained wrist and well, that'd suck. But you catch my drift.

E.M. Gist said...

Hey Steve, Right back at ya. It amazes me that with such a small convention I still missed speaking to so many people, seeing so many things, and buying so many books. Hopefully this will be remedied next year.