Monday, August 15, 2011

The Doctor


I apologize for the long absence, I have been very busy lately. This week I will be posting some fun commissions I have done lately. I have been stockpiling commissions for awhile, and have made a pledge to myself to start really putting a dent in the list by the end of the year.

Commissions are fun because you get to do things (either stylistically or subject matter) that you don't usually get to do. In this regard I am starting the week off with a job from across the pond. I was contacted by a collector in England that has commissioned several artists to execute illustrations based on Dr. Who. The catch here is that he has them done on a page in a Dr. Who compendium. So he shipped this very nice collector's book, full of great info on the long history of the show, out to me. I was stunned by the quality of the work that has been painted directly onto the pages of the book, and was glad to add my own contribution.

4 comments:

Matt said...

That face you painted on that guy looks insane! BTW I tweeted it!

Joshua James said...

super cool

Ray Bonilla said...

beautiful work Erik!

E.M. Gist said...

Thanks everyone